The Cardiac Consult is designed to assess your risk for heart disease, your current arterial plaque load, and your heart’s and blood pressure’s response to exercise. Then we compare your status with your food and nutrient intake, your activity and fitness, and how stress impacts your cardiac risk profile.
With this information, we provide you with four easy to follow steps that will improve your blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol profile, help shrink arterial plaque, decrease your risk for a cardiovascular event over time, and enhance your quality of life.
The Cardiac Consult includes:
- Prolonged History & Physical Exam: Performed by a board-certified physician, this baseline assessment focuses on early detection and prevention of disease.
- Carotid IMT Ultrasound and Cardiac Consultation: Non-invasive ultrasound scan that measures the formation of early (soft) artery plaque. It measures the actual artery age and plaque growth or regression.
- Exercise Treadmill Stress Test: Screens for early signs of coronary heart disease and provides information about how the heart responds to exertion.
- Volume of Oxygen Consumption Kg/min on Treadmill: Measures cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance to optimize your exercise.
- Electrocardiogram: A graphical record of the heart’s rhythm and rate which can identify previously undetected heart attacks, heart blocks and other heart irregularities.
- Nutrition Consult: To identify your current nutrient intake, any nutrient deficiencies, and a plan to ensure that you have a realistic plan to meet all your key nutrient needs.
- 1/2 hr Wrap-Up Consultation: To finalize your assessment and plan.
- Complete Metabolic Panel
- C-Reactive Protein, High Sensitivity
- Advanced Lipid Profile by Liposcience
- Complete Blood Count
- High Sensitivity Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
Better Brain Consult
The Better Brain Consult is designed to assess your risk for memory loss, your current cognitive function, and compare your performance with your food and nutrient intake, activity, stress levels, and brain toxin exposure.
The Cardiac Consult is designed to assess your risk for heart disease, your current arterial plaque load, and your heart’s and blood pressure’s response to exercise.
Functional Medicine Consult
The Function Medicine Consult will assess your health, risk factors, disease triggers, and create a customized, realistic plan for you to start your path to better health.