A typical day for an Optimal Health Evaluation would be as follows:
- 8:00-8:30am Check in, meet the team and have your blood drawn
- 8:30-9:00am We measure your Basal Metabolic Rate as well as body fat composition. We also do a test which assesses your ability to relax, as well as heart rate variability which serves as a method for gauging human health and resiliency.
- 9:00-9:30am You get to enjoy a delicious healthy complimentary breakfast.
- 9:30-10:30am You partake in a thorough discussion with the doctor in regards to your past and present medical history.
- 10:30-11:00am You get a complete Physical Exam with the doctor including oral cancer screening Velscope testing.
- 11:00-11:30am The doctor performs a Carotid IMT test on you which determines your vascular age and how quickly you are building plaque compared to average Americans your age.
- 11:30-12:00pm You have an EKG and Exercise stress and VO2 Max testing; not only does the doctor evaluate you for signs of cardiac disease, but we also determine your cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance. We are also able to determine your true target heart rate ranges for aerobic and anaerobic activities.
- 12:00-12:45pm During this time our exercise physiologist takes you downstairs to Carillon’s state of the art facility to develop a very personalized exercise prescription for you.
- 12:45-1:15pm Enjoy a delicious healthy complimentary lunch
- 1:15-1:45pm Cognitive testing; this not an IQ test but rather a baseline to determine how sharp you are at this point in time and measures your areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- 1:45-2:45pm You have a nutritional evaluation and discussion with the doctor in order to create a meal plan that meets your unique needs and is also realistic for you. This is also when we make our recommendation for various supplements you may need to fill in nutritional gaps and optimize your health.
- 2:45-3:00pm Pulmonary function tests, whereby we assess your lung function and screen for various diseases such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, or restrictive lung disease.
- 3:00-3:15pm Hearing Evaluation.
- 3:15-3:30pm During this time you get any recommended imaging done including mammogram, bone density exam, CT Scan of lung (if meet criteria).
- 3:30-4:30pm You spend an hour with the doctor reviewing all of the test results and the majority of the blood work. It is then that you and the doctor create a detailed plan to meet your unique health goals.
Approximately 2 weeks after your Optimal Health Evaluation, you will receive a binder with your complete Assessment and detailed plan. It is at that time that you review and then schedule a follow-up phone call with the doctor to discuss any questions that you may have.